Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Anticlimax / Bad Sex

Well well well.

After the DOW went up by more than 300 points, the PSEi went up by a measly 73 points. During the first hours of trading, we were up almost 90 points. Then we pared down gains to fall back to 52 points, then closed higher at +73. (Market closed at 3,362.98). 3,400 is still the resistance at this point.

There may also be some fundamental risks like -

1. Threat of a US Recession (that's why the big cut)
2. Threat of high oil prices
3. Impeachment?

So much for my excitement. Hmf!

I was thinking maybe there's that political noise again.

Ano ba yan!? 2010 is still 3 years down the road, and some senators are already posturing.
I don't intend to follow the ZTE Controversy. I won't even dignify it by putting a link to it. Each government administration will always have that major dubious deal. Maybe this is it for the incumbent. Following it will just make me crazy.

I don't follow political controversies here. I'd rather watch CNBC and Bloomberg, maybe even Fox News. My personal favorite is CNBC. Bloomberg is just boring. Fox News is respectable tabloid.

If you want to master the art of stock trading, you have to control your emotions, study the charts, and more importantly, screen your senses from fundamental news, especially political ones.

And why bad sex? I was supposed to write something about local Congress. I saw an SMS before saying that a group of monkey is called a congress. Apparently, it's not. It's called a tribe. But, this is interesting, look at the other meaning of congress. I'll leave you to your own imagination and interpretation. I remember this movie of Bruce Willis'. He told Matthew Perry, "Do not engage in sexual congress with my daughter".

For now, the bandwagontrader is depressed again. Boohoo.

No comments: