Saturday, July 21, 2007

How I Trade

This has been a bad week for me. I lost dineros on IS and PCP. Ironically, I day traded the two this Friday to recover some of the losses I cut on the two hehe. I want to share with readers how I trade.

I trade using a program installed by Technistock. It's a good, albeit expensive, program that I've been using for some time. It has many features that I find useful for a trader -

Ticker
Time and Sales
Volume Review
Intra Day Charts
Technical Analysis / Charts
Who's buying and selling

These are the options I usually use. I think they offer 7-day trials so you can call them up. By using Technistock, you can trade in the comforts of your home and still feel as if you're on the trading floor or at the investor's lounge of your broker.

The good thing about it is that it's fast compared to the same features offered by an online account. I think the program is almost similar to what a broker typically uses. Whether you are an investor or trader, this program will certainly be of help to you. However, the benefits are more pronounced if you are a trader, and more so if you are a day trader.

I still trade through a broker although I have an online account. Recently, the online account wasn't working. So I'm happy to have two avenues for trading.

I'm more of a trader than an investor although I must admit I usually have two positions. I have both a buy and hold position and a trading position on some stocks. It really depends on your style. Some people don't want to tie up their money so they only have a trading position. This is particularly true and advisable during bear markets.

I've been participating in the local stock market for the past three years, although I've become more active only this year. I didn't want the bull run, er, to run away from me like it did last year, when the growth was phenomenal and I was still in the corporate world.

I buy stocks based on charts, although at times, with the help of Technistock I just go in for a tasty dose of tsupita. :-) With Technistock, you see how fast and bullish people are on an issue because there's heavy buying. Moreover, you know which brokers are buying. This is the stock I go into. So it's wise to always be in the market. I personally believe that everyday is an opportunity to make money whether the market is up or down. Just don't be greedy.

As you can see, I'm really sold on Technistock. Best investment I've made to date. :-)

I'm still fine tuning my overall stock market strategy, and plan to finish up reading on Market Wizards soon.

Happy trading next week folks! And I hope I have more time to update my blog hehehe.

No comments: