Monday, August 13, 2007

Welcome to Stuck Hair! Your Hair is our Business

Robert and Michael has taken a leave of absence from the market, or so I heard. After talking about their story about the Geologist (which I published here), they may have practiced geology themselves and buried themselves six feet under. If not, they're out looking for nickel or copper deposits somewhere in Zambales. If I were them, they can just ask their dentists. Ay teka, mercury pala yon. Oops.

So anyway, let's listen to this story I overheard at my neighborhood barbershop called Stuck Hair. It was a cool breezy Sunday. Pano, yung barbershop has no door, open air. Sabi ng amo sa akin, mahal kasi ng Meralco eh! They only have one barber, his name is Mang Berto. Siya rin yung amo ng Stuck Hair.

Minsan natanong ko si Mang Berto, bakit hindi po kayo mag hanap ng isa pang barbero para naman makadagdag kayo sa kikitain niyo.

He answered me with three powerful words. "Anong paki mo?". I gave up on being friends with him. Sabi nga ng professor ko dati sa kolehiyo -

"There are people you don't pick a fight with, the waiter, the cook, and your barber."

Ever since I've had hair on my scalp he's been my barber. Sabagay, siya nga lang naman ang barbero don, he has a monopoly of the male hair in our neighborhood. Every one has deep respect for Mang Berto, although our hair style has not yet progressed from the 70s. Uso pa daw yon, well according to the book of Mang Berto. Para sa kanya, ang uso is yung straight na hiwa ng buhok just near the eye. Mukha kaming mga national hero.

But often, pag nagpapagupit ako, pinaguusapan namin ang stock market, yun kasi hilig namin. Ako mahilig magkwento, siya mahilig magtanong.

Eh nung Sunday, nagkataoon may pumasok na mag jowa - si Philip at si Ines. Pamangkin pala ni Mang Berto si Philip. Sumali na rin sila sa usapan namin.

MB: _____ (my name is kept anonymous for safety reasons), di ba ang Meralco nasa stock exchange?

(Abangan ang susunod na kabanata)

No comments: