Friday, October 26, 2007

The Weekend Factored!

I wrote in a previous entry that during weekends there is a flight of cash from the stock market, i.e. people are cashing in on their gains. There are many reasons, and two of them was :

3. The US factor. If you buy a stock on Friday, and then for some reason, the DOW corrected big time Friday night (our time), then you'd be hard-pressed to sell it come Monday.
4. Threat of coups, other circumstantial events that could suddenly spark a sell off

I wrote this October the 10th. Who would've known that on the 19th, Glorietta would get bombed, and the Dow would be bombed down by triple digits???

Now, it could have been an ominous statement or just coincidence.

I wouldn't have thought that anything of the 4th kind would actually happen. But it did. And that was a day when the market actually closed higher by almost 50 points, if memory serves me right.

For this long weekend, I'm still heavily invested. There are two major factors to consider for the next trading week, albeit very shortened.

1. A potential rate cut by the US FED
2. Continued earnings reports from both US and local companies

Today, I didn't follow my own rule of BEING VISUAL with my trading today and therefore lost out on Trans-Asia (Ticker: TA). When I last viewed it it was doing 1.78, I went out of my room for about 5-10 minutes. When I got back it hit 2.00. Crap.

The good thing is that I have DIZ. For my trade on DIZ, I relied heavily on my Technistock program. Angping (the brokerage) was accumulating the stock even during the days it was going down. I couldn't interpret the stock's chart but I decided to risk a little, given his success with GEMINI. So I just bought some, just a small position so it won't hurt if it went the other way. For whatever reason, it zoomed up to 11 today! I hope there's follow through buying on Tuesday. For this instance, I think I was a speculator, not a trader. Good thing I speculated right!

Have a great long weekend everyone!

No comments: