Monday, November 26, 2007

IS BACK!!!!!!! (November 26 Report)

First, A Word From the Administrator:

From Thursday (22nd) to Monday (26th) morning, I was sidelined with NO INTERNET.

Aside from being unable to update my blog(s), I was unable to do any trading. I made incorrect moves because I WAS BLIND. I relied heavily on what my broker would tell me over the phone. Since I'm not the only client, it's difficult to ask him everything I want to monitor.

PLDT's "sorry for the inconvenience" is a pathetic excuse (and ruse) to calm nerves. This is not the first time they had this "inconvenience". I was "inconvenienced" this July, with a WEEK's time lost to no internet access. So people, if you want to apply for an internet connection, try some other service provider. Make PLDT your last resort. They'd rather put their money in advertisements to add their subscriber base without putting equal amounts of money into infrastructure development.

Market Commentary

I decided to upgrade it to "Commentary" given today's (and even last Friday's) performance. It's not the best, but I'm taking any gain that comes my way.

The market closed up +42 points (+1.23%) to crawl back to 3,537. Gainers beat losers 80 to 23, while 50 counters remained unchanged (Splat included).

The Mining and Oil Index was up +284 points, with Philex (PX) and Lepanto (LC A/B) leading the way. Lepanto A was up a whopping 8%, the B shares were up 7.8%. PX was up 2.06%.

TEL shed -0.1661% to 3,005 with mostly foreign selling. (That's what happens when you don't provide good service!). In any case, TEL is still a big weight in the index so I don't want this to crash hehe.

I'm updating this at 11:44PM, the DOW is up 38 points (+0.28%), while the Nasdaq and S&P are similarly up. It is critical that all three indexes are up. There was a time that the DOW and the Nasdaq were up, but the S&P wasn't. I hope this is a good omen as the volatility as of late has been wild INTRA day.

Another bright spot is what the foreigners were doing today:

Foreign Houses:
DEU +64M
CLSA + 3M
MACQ +13M
JPM +54M
UBS - 146M (KJ!)
ABN +131M
DBP + 22M

So from the looks of it, we have a net foreign buying here folks! I'm not sure if my list is entirely accurate or complete as there may be some foreign houses that I forgot to include in the list.

STOCK

With the recent highs of gold, LC, PX and APX.

Other than that, I don't have other stocks to recommend since this is my first day (actually night) with internet. Therefore, I only have my eyes on the market NOW.

STUCK

For updating on tomorrow's report.

SUCK

PLDT!

PLDT's DSL!

PA. Sucked big time I realized. You'd expect that the stock would at least go up ON THE DAY of the special stockholder's meeting. It didn't.

No comments: