Tuesday, November 13, 2007

No November 13 Report

I was out doing something so I wasn't able to craft the report in early. Come 8PM++, a trader-friend of mine sends a text message and tells me that "may sumabog na bomba sa Congress".

At first I was thinking that the word bomba was an allusion to a bombshell about Arroyo, like maybe a new impeachment filing, or something to do with the bribery inquiry. Then it hit me, it was literally, a bomb. I cursed like crazy.

Whenever the market is at or near a high (based on the chart), something fundamentally wrong happens. And now, just when the US is rebounding, the Congress gets bombed.

With the bombing of Glorietta still fresh in the memories of people, I am starting to think that this year's December will result in a stock market kaput (as opposed to a kaboom). There's really nothing else to celebrate but bad news.

Sigh...... Traders, grit your teeth in the coming days. Investors? Well, I think you better start calling your brokers and find some piece of peace in this mad, mad world.

No comments: