Sunday, November 4, 2007

What to Expect for November 5-9

The DOW JONES seesawed like crazy last week so I suppose this could be a good indicator of what to expect for the PSEi this upcoming week. So far, of the blue chip companies listed in the PSE, only ABS-CBN, GMA7 and Meralco have thus far released their earnings report (if my memory serves me right).

An interesting PSEi component to see is the Financials. So far only RCBC and BPI has released their earnings. Of the two RCBC posted a very wide margin of growth. It should be expected given that BPI is a monster in terms of its size vs. RCBC. BPI net income grew by 11%, as expected of a big, mature company.

The reason I'm saying Financials are interesting is that this is the component most hit by selling in the US. Ours has been no different. It will be interesting if our local banks mention anything about exposure to asset backed securities, particularly those related sub-prime credit.

Our market will likely be volatile next week. On the other hand, it could be buoyed by expectations of our local BSP doing a rate cut. Earnings will still be the main ingredient to push up stocks for the last two months of 2007. If big company earnings, particularly real estate and banks post better than outlook growth, we'll have happy days by mid-November.

*******************

There are times when you buy on news. This is because even though the market is small, there 'market insiders' won't be aware of everything 100% of the time. Therefore, the stock has not yet been jockeyed up. Sometimes, it could be that the news reports the company as having beat estimates, or having a new acquisition, rights offer, etc. As such, I would like to add news wires soon. (Read below to find out more).

Look out for more company disclosures, especially of earnings in the coming weeks. I would like to put a chart of the PSE here but there's a problem with the program now. Apologies!

Look out for the following stocks too. These stocks are not based on charts but based on what I saw in Technistock during the last trading day last week. They're all basura stocks, naturally. And I don't mean that in a cynical way. If you are a trader, you thrive on volatile issues. And when we say volatile, 99% of the time, they're basura stocks.

ZIP- could do a PA.
Oil stocks particularly OV.
PA
TBGI (silently bought up by Abacus)
FGEN
AT-the laggard in the mining stocks boom thus far, could spring a surprise
APO * if Atlas goes up, then naturally APO should too

As you can see, these stocks that I picked are based on logic. I'm trying to find out if I can earn money by thinking logically, and understanding what other people are doing and not doing in our market.

See you all this coming week and hopefully we have a better week. Fundamentally, there is still that credit crisis overhang. We'll look to the charts for more info when my program is up and running.

**********************************************************************************
I spent @#*$(&(* 2 hours tweaking here and there, trying to improve the look of my blog all I got was "Error. Error. Error." I thought technology was supposed to help us???? What kind of help is "Error." Somebody talk to me in English please! I wanted to add news wires but it doesn't work. I thought it was just simply cut and paste. hehe. I may have knowledge about the stock market, but when it comes to html, xml, etc etc, all I know is... nothing! I hope someone'll help me out here soon. Wasted time! @#$^!

No comments: