Wednesday, November 14, 2007

November 14 Report

Market Commentary

The DOW made a phenomenal comeback just like Bill Clinton and went up by 300 points. We don't know yet if this is a dead cat bounce so this isn't a reason to rejoice just yet. As I've said yesterday, this year's December is shaping up to be a whimper of a late year rally. We're not yet out of the woods yet and the bear is hiding somewhere.

The bombing last night scared me out of my wits, although I didn't lose sleep over it. I didn't watch the news, but I was told it was more of an assassination attempt against a Basilan solon. The market basically shrugged it off by performing at 2.28% upside to close at 3,681 with 82 points up.

TUNA was the most active stock (even I was surprised, looking at the table now), due to a cross by Astra Securities. I'm as clueless as you, so don't ask me for anything. Second most active was GLO. Today was full of greens you'd think you were on the golf course.

The biggest gainer was LC. Watch out for this stock, I really like the chart. It has tested the 0.46 (LC "A" shares) barrier this second time, and with very very strong volume, I think this will go places. Let's just hope that the US market recovers further, there is a BSP rate cut and gold stays at the 800 range.

STOCK

Our babies, PA and FGEN performance:

Stock, closing price, +/-% vs previous day's, top 2 buyers. Comments, if any.

PA, 0.225 / + 9.76% / Bennett ABCapsec (Tomorrow is the special stockholder's meeting. With the performance of this stock, and a turnover of 328M shares valued at Php 72M, directions point to something substantial and positive

FGEN 61.00 / +0.83/ CLSA ATR (CLSA has turned into a net buyer after selling it by blocks last week. There was a report on the Business World that Senator Arroyo filed a resolution questioning the sale of the government stake of PNOC-EDC. I am not sure if this will have a negative effect on the stock if ever the resolution is approved or passes the Senate)

I am now including LC into the picture. Our top buyers were PEP and Asiasec. Sellers were Lucky and IGC.

STUCK

Philodrill (Ticker: OV). Can anyone tell me why the ticker is OV??? I have decided to go long on this one. It's oil. A no-brainer.

SUCK

ATLAS MINING!!!!!!

GEO

After two straight days of buying, Deutsche has finally decided to sell today. Although they sold a measly -11M worth. CLSA is still a positive buyer at +52M.

********************************************************************************

I won't attach the chart of LC anymore. The picture qualities I place here are hella bad.

No comments: