Friday, January 18, 2008

January 18 Report

Good Morning, it is now 2:21AM January 19. I felt no urgency to update this blog given today's horrendous market performance.

The upside? We closed down "just" 80 points, from a high of about 110 points if my memory serves me right.

Foreigners continued to dump our shares, in value terms:

Deutsche - -336M
ATR - -65M (if this is considered foreign)
JPM - -100M
Macq - -182M
CLSA - -229M
UBS - + 78M (wow the only net buyer)
PEP - -89M
ABN - -48M
DBP - +30M (di lang pala UBS)

Their selling has only accelerated even further. Goodbye foreigners, hello thin trading volumes in the coming days.

BRN continued to shine today.

I have recently discovered a new technical tool that is almost 90% accurate. I will not share that since it requires further testing. But suffice it to say, it predicted BRN's stellar performance today. The only problem? I didn't have the cajones to buy in because of the triple digit index decline.

A lot of stocks have bottomed out, if I am to use this tool. Let's see what happens on Monday.

No stock picks yet at this point. I think just pick your nose, that'd be more fun.

Ciao for now.

No comments: