Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The January 9 Report (Or lack of it)

I'll just sum up the market - impressive. With the Dow Jones crashing through the roof triple digits, we were down by just 4 points. At one point we were down 30, but the intraday PSEi chart showed that the market would rebound, and I was betting that we'd be down by about 10-15 points. Boy was I wrong!

Tomorrow should be an interesting day for the Philippine Market.

For now, the stock market is largely driven by sentiments. I talked to not a few people, and they want to shift their investments to safer, more conservative instruments. Flight to quality (or was it safety) is the term for it.

Anyway, I might begin to look offshore for trading opportunities. I wanted to blog about something today, it's related to the stock market but I just can't remember it. Grr. I was out the whole afternoon and I guess the heatwave fried some of my brain cells.

No comments: