Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The January 16 Report

Congratulations to the holders of BRN, and BC. Those who were able to pick these up when I first mentioned this should be happier than the primarily bear infested local market. I sold my BC too soon. Instead of BRN, I focused on RLT, but it was just a day trade.

I have decided to cut my SSS report to just shorter entries. If I make a SSS report, then I'll just be cutting the wounds deeper trying to recall the day's (and just about everyday's) bloodbath.

This is certainly a bear market if you haven't already noticed, however, I am confident our market, even at its worst, will not be as bad as the market we had about a decade ago. The problem is in the United States, and although that has an effect on our local economy, we, and Asia in general has built up a mighty war chest called national reserves. In fact, our own currency is dubbed as Asia's best performing currency. This is a sharp turnaround from what we faced earlier in the century.

These are all fundamentals, albeit very basic at best. However, when the Technicals tell you don't buy, you want to find solace in the fundamental story, just so you can keep you sanity.

Sorry about yesterday, I was out. As I've said, I have focused my energies on other earning endeavors. So this is not a priority at the moment. :-)

Some stocks to take note of:

DFNN
PAX - it's been beaten black and blue and almost decomposing, but 5.80 is a very very strong support.

No comments: